3 Moments of Tension:
- “If I’d been questioned, I would have concocted half truths.” Shows the tension of revealing his sexuality to his old roommate.
- “It takes an enormous amount of energy to guard such a big secret. I’ve endured years of misery and gone to enormous lengths to live a lie.” The tension of keeping a secret.
- “His reaction to my breakfast revelation was radically different from Aunt Teri’s. He was downright astounded.” Tension of revealing his sexuality to his twin brother.
Moments of Tension in Own Discourse Communities:
- India-Clash between religious and cultural views/practices.Ex-Sacrificing a goat vs abstaining from meat during an auspicious day.
- Architecture-Different styles and ideologies create tension between architects. Ex- Minimalistic vs gothic style.
- Fitness-Completely different ways of training separate people within the community. Ex-Short, intense workouts vs endurance training.